Related:
Create New Tag
BMXSkater BMXSkater
2/16/2014 11:07 AM

Whats up guys? I recently bought my son his first bike, I decided to buy him a cheap bike until he gets the hang of it and buy him a better one later on. Just so you know its a Hyper Spinner from Walmart, for a 10 year old I think its decent cause its a 26/9 gear ratio and its kinda light once I took all the extra crap off of it, my son loves it and will love it even more when I start upgrading it. The only real problem it has is when you jump a curb or a speed bump it makes a funny sound when you land, like as if the bars are slipping, it doesnt do it all the time but enough to make it annoying, I told my son not to worry about it because I tightened and checked everything so im hoping maybe once the bike is broken in it will go away, any comments or recomendations? Besides get a new bike, because im not buying a 10 year old a $500 bike so some jackasses can steal it. Thanks!

Icant180 Icant180
2/16/2014 11:17 AM

grease? lol, idk. if the bars are actually slipping sand down the stem clamping area/wipe off the bars

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
2/16/2014 11:35 AM

A few of my friends and i had this bike except ours had a 25/10 ratio so idk if yours is different. In my experience, they were total pieces of crap. All of ours had the exact same problem. No matter how hard we tightened down the back wheel, it would make noises and pop out of place just from pedaling. We tried filing the dropouts, adding/removing spacers, etc. with no luck. We couldn't get down the street without needing to fix our bikes. Mine also had very poor quality welding. The crossbar on my handlebars was crooked, one end of it sat easily 3/4" higher than the other side. On the frame, at the headtube and toptube there was a half inch gap in the weld where the material wasnt welded together. In the end, I regretted selling my Razor bike for it and all my friends threw theirs away.

Chances are its just the drivetrain/rear hub bearings popping since they are super low quality.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Brian_Griffin Brian_Griffin
2/16/2014 11:35 AM

Take it back to wal- mart and exchange it for another bike. Then you have no worries..

F¬ Bom 5403692331

BMXSkater BMXSkater
2/16/2014 12:02 PM

The back wheel is fine, and the bars arnt slipping, we went to our local skate park and gave it a light thrashing and it actually held up, I was impressed, I think he will be fine for now. As soon as I get my new sprocket and cranks, im getting him a sealed american BB and giving him my old stuff so he can have a nice smooth ride.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP