Related:
Create New Tag
SteezySteve SteezySteve
5/15/2013 8:51 AM

So lately I'm noticing a trend it's only now I'm realising why I mean you can do all the tricks you like but backwards! Haha so if anyone doesn't know I have a wheel set that's beyond repair and I'm forever changing my mind about what I want so if I don't get BSD hubs with either primo VS rims or Cinema 777's I wanna get a federal freecoaster v3 but I don't understand the whole thing with slack and what happens when you adjust it because I've never someone who's ran a free coaster so if someone has a federal free coaster or knows how they work and could shed some light on this whole subject let me know please :D

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
5/15/2013 9:11 AM

Minimum slack: Quickest engagement, like 1/8 of a crank, but it makes it so you have to keep your feet in pretty much the exact same spot while rolling back. It's best for tricks that use pedal pressure, though.

Maximum slack: Slowest enagement, 1/4 of a crank on my Federal V3. I like max slack the best. Once you get used to it, it's nothing, and you have a lot more freedom with your feet while going backwards. It does make tricks like full cabs more difficult though, because you can't use pedal pressure.

The V3 uses slack washers, it's not externally adjustable. No washers is max slack, and three washers is minimum slack. Anything in between is between min and max, obviously.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

tomdon tomdon
5/15/2013 9:14 AM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

Minimum slack: Quickest ...more

that sums it up.

I'm on the vital legit list!

SteezySteve SteezySteve
5/15/2013 10:12 AM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

Minimum slack: Quickest ...more

What's the one that can be adjusted by an Allen key and why would you have to keep your feet in the exact same place at minimum slack and is there no fine tuning between slacks?

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
5/15/2013 1:09 PM
SteezySteve wrote:

What's the one that can be ...more

The V2s can be adjusted externally. But the V3 is a much better hub overall.

Slack works both ways. If you move your feet too far forward while going backwards, the hub will engage and start to back pedal. Most of the time this will kick you off your bike.

If you have a coaster that uses slack washers, there is no real in between, but you don't need that. Any setup anyone needs can be accomplished using the three spacers. I've heard a lot of people say 2 works the best for them.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
5/15/2013 4:32 PM

Go chainless if you're poor

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP