Related:
Create New Tag
bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
5/26/2013 5:15 PM

What is it that usually breaks in a freecoaster? If it's the bearings, why don't they make shielded bearings for coasters made out of heat treated 4130 Chromoly? Also, any recent news on the G-Coaster?

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

Purple bike Purple bike
5/26/2013 5:19 PM

i dont know anything

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

Purple bike Purple bike
5/26/2013 5:19 PM

at all

Purple bike Purple bike
5/26/2013 5:21 PM

about anything

Purple bike Purple bike

at all

bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99

does anyone actually know why?

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

Purple bike Purple bike
5/26/2013 5:24 PM
bmxsteve99 wrote:

does anyone actually know ...more

sorry im just being a dick, i doubt we will even see the gcoaster in the next 2-3 years

bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
5/26/2013 5:27 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ul3t5/

Purple bike Purple bike
5/26/2013 5:33 PM

lol good one, although i think eclat has a good one i may be wrong but im pretty sure they do

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
5/26/2013 5:39 PM
[LINK TO IMAGE]

cost is my guess though idk
bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
5/26/2013 6:00 PM

i just hope the eclat coaster is more reliable than the ezra one cause i've heard the ezra one breaks easily

future FBM future FBM
5/26/2013 7:13 PM

Chromo or not the bearings take a shit ton of pressure and are tiny. There fore they break

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
5/27/2013 3:35 PM

I realize that, but stronger building materials would result in a longer lifespan, and hopefully a more reliable coaster

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
5/27/2013 6:40 PM

What normally breaks in coasters is driver bearings. The main reason for this is that because they are the smallest bearing in the whole thing and the only one that you cant really beef up. They are normally blown because of reassembly, or powerful pedaling or gear ratios. There is a ton of stress if you engage a freecoaster like a mad man, but normally if you maintain them once a month, they work great. Oh and clutch springs can be kinda crappy too if not maintained right. And i dont think shielded bearings are really the answer in this situation, the bearings arent being crashed into, they are just under lots of pressure from pedaling, tight chains, etc. So really what a lot of coaster riders need to do is not have super tight chains, dont pedal like they are going off the race line, and disengage it before doing any tricks at all. Although from what i see the KHE internals seem to work great. I have an Odyssey reloader and have fixed it a lot... haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

BMX_Forever BMX_Forever
5/27/2013 11:12 PM

Freecoasters use good quality components, it's just they have to fit in to smaller spaces and there is a lot more components and Pedal Pressure can damage them quite easily. And if by shielded you mean sealed, they normally are, and 4130 Bearings would be a downgrade from the Stainless Steel that is usually used.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP