Related:
Create New Tag
Cody.Ruffner Cody.Ruffner
4/27/2016 8:46 AM

Does anyone know why it takes my freemix to engage after two full cranks it randomly started doing it?

readybmxer readybmxer
4/27/2016 9:38 AM

My friend's Freemix did this, he never got to fixing it and just bought a new one, so I don't know exactly what the problem was, but I assume it's something with the disengagement system in the hub. Maybe just disassemble and rebuild?

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
4/27/2016 9:57 AM

Mine was doing this. It was because I had tightened my non drive side nut too much before tightening my drive side, causing the axle to sit off a little bit. It could also be the ball springs on the axle.

I recommend taking everything apart, thoroughly cleaning every piece, and then put a whole bunch of grease on it all. Tighten the driveside nut first when putting it back together.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

bbach bbach
4/27/2016 10:38 AM

A while back when KHE dropped their first freecoaster, the KHE reverse i think, i bought it and it was doing the same thing. I found out that it was becuase i had tightened one of my axle nuts to tight or in the wrong order. It was also engaging at weird times while in fakie. I never did get used to the lag when engaging so i just when back to a cassette, plus i mostly ride trails. But anyway, hope this helps.

That moment in life when you realize everything is either a potato, or not a potato.

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
4/27/2016 9:58 PM

I hope mine doesn't do this. It's only 2 weeks old. I know they need maintenance, but I hate taking my wheels off my bike, so....

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP