Related:
Create New Tag
Obama Obama
10/11/2011 4:35 AM

So ive had my mothership for 2 summers now and im not feeling the chainstay legnths and the color anymore so its time for an update. i plan on selling it for 200 and then use that money towards and new frame. and get the rest from christmas money.

So i am having some difficulties choosing frames. im 6'2 and growing at 16. it seems as theres not really a frame with this geo :
chainstays slammed would have to be from 13- 13.4 is the longest ill go.
21.1 or 21.25 toptube legnth.
black or raw
75.5 headtube angle
under 5 lbs
standover 8-9"
has to be pretty strong. id prefer a good warrenty.
I am not a weight weenie so lets not even start this fucking war. im just trying to lighten it up a bit with a lighter frame.

sorry for the long post
So im looking for reviews on these frames and your opinions.
closest ones i found were mutiny cosmotron v3 (nice just a tad heavy) ,
s&m btm (probably one of my best bets but need reviews) ,
bsd wza(nice but i dont know much about bsd and frames.),
eastern codec (perfect cept the chainstays )
, skavenger bridge(nice but heard its weak) ,
the take ive 5 street ( really love but cant find 21.25),
Guerra Martyr frame ( REALLY INTRESTED in this frame but i dont wanna break it and vein never answers my emails about the warrenty)

weaver weaver
10/11/2011 4:51 AM

Maybe wait for this frame to come out from fly.
http://bmx.transworld.net/1000139522/features/chris-finnigan-bike-check/

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

Obama Obama
10/11/2011 4:54 AM

o yeah fuck when does it come out?

Obama Obama
10/11/2011 5:05 AM

FUCK I WANT THAT URBANO, FLY BETTER NOT PULL ANY BULLSHIT YELLOW AND LIKE SOME NEXT PURPLE OR SOMETHING. BETTER BE BLACK OR RAW.

lukegoh13 lukegoh13
10/11/2011 5:17 AM

if you really want to be happy with what you ride - build your own frame - and get it built by one of the best companies ever

http://www.standardbyke.com/blog/?page_id=3761

Obama Obama
10/11/2011 5:37 AM
lukegoh13 wrote:

if you really want to be ...more

fuck spending 500

YouAlreadyKnowThough YouAlreadyKnowThough
10/11/2011 10:07 AM

SAME EXACT THING IS HAPPENING TO ME! I want to get rid of mine and get something more responsive like the Benny L but idk.

BJ Tomczik BJ Tomczik
10/11/2011 11:12 AM

Yeah I would second the custom frame vote, since what you're looking for is pretty specific

I run a CODEC, love it, and would never want a CS that short. But... I have been riding for quite some time so having a chainstay that is more than 13.5 is normal for me

twitter

PROBZ

Obama Obama
10/11/2011 3:31 PM
BJ Tomczik wrote:

Yeah I would second the ...more

its not specific like around that geo. idc if things are off.

i like the s&m atf

Obama Obama
10/11/2011 3:37 PM
lukegoh13 lukegoh13
10/11/2011 5:29 PM
lukegoh13 wrote:

if you really want to be ...more

Obama wrote:

fuck spending 500

500 dollars for a frame built by one of the best frame building companies ever tailored to your choosing?

A frame that only you will own due to its customisation - customised frames usually sell for a pretty penny to

Its a bargain when your fly frame will come in at around 400$ not to mention standard will make it 10 times stronger than a fly frame

Ive seen standard frames last a teenager all the way till he is a man with kids (The STA frame to be specific) - it will outlast your riding interests - youll never need to buy a new frame again

RiverSideRider RiverSideRider
10/11/2011 5:31 PM
lukegoh13 wrote:

500 dollars for a frame ...more

standards rad and all but you can get a custom solid and custom bars for less than the price of 1 custom standard.

bmx4orlife bmx4orlife
10/11/2011 5:34 PM

i thought you had to be like 30 to be president?

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

WildBycyclist666 WildBycyclist666
10/11/2011 7:01 PM

s&m btm my friend got it and he weighs 150 and he be doing stairs, drops, rails and trails man...held up for him for quite awhile

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP