Related:
Create New Tag
eskimojay eskimojay
1/8/2014 10:59 PM

Anyone here ride them? I want to build one? Looking for advice on good specs for one? If you've actually jumped into one your opinion would be appreciated

Caelum Persson Caelum Persson
1/8/2014 11:11 PM

make sure it has enough foam, might sound stupid but seriously i rode this foam pit at a park about a year ago and you just about sink to the concrete bottom.

Caelum Persson Caelum Persson
1/8/2014 11:11 PM

hope you got alot of coin too, foams expensive

eskimojay eskimojay
1/8/2014 11:19 PM

Ya man I'm going to side the edges with matresses I think then have a lid sealed from rain and snow it's going to be expensive as fuck but if I think of it the prices of me doing 2 or 3 whistler trips it would probably cost the same ......myswell build it myself and be able to ride it whenever I want

eskimojay eskimojay
1/8/2014 11:24 PM

My idea right now is 15 feet wide 20 to 22 feet long and 6 feet deep......I'm just wondering if that's deep enough

Underground Underground
1/9/2014 1:47 AM
eskimojay wrote:

My idea right now is 15 ...more

Plenty I reckon.

I've seen some dodgy foam pits made out of a skip bin and a bunch of foam.

But foam prices are a killer!

bmxfromma bmxfromma
1/9/2014 5:01 AM

You could probably just cut up mattresses or couch cushions if you really needed to

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/9/2014 5:32 AM

I have one at the local park that I used to ride every day.
tbh. They suck. Ive seen so many people get injured in the foam pit worse than they would have trying it on wood. Ive personally been injured into the foam pit. My
advice is- DON'T do any tricks requiring you to remove your hands or feet unless you know for sure that you can land them! And DONT GET COCKY!
One guy who works at my local park tried a whip into the foam and busted his teeth out.
I tried a fat ass tuck no hander and landed nose first ontop of my bike and rammed my gut into my stem. It was black and purple for weaks.
One kid who was a really good rider tried a flip without knowing anything about.them and smashed his head on the take off.
The trick better be worth it, because foam pits are surprisingly dangerous.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

DeviantBMX123 DeviantBMX123
1/9/2014 5:48 AM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I have one at the local ...more

not all just the p9 one. its meant more for skateboarders. its because of the net they have in it. Youre pretty much trying everything to flat.

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/9/2014 6:00 AM
DeviantBMX123 wrote:

not all just the p9 one. ...more

When I and everyone I witnessed get hurt it had nothing to do with the net. Its because people dont understand youre falling 10 feet with a 25lb piece of metal. Everyone underestimates that.
So yeah, if you fuck up and bail, youre okay because of the foam. But now you have a chunk of metal with sharp edges and shit sticking out falling wherever it wants including on top of you. And landing ontop of your bike is one of the worst feelings. When you get cocky and try these bangers into the foam pit, youre giving up bike control. So if you dont land it, your bikes gonna do what it wants whether it be land beside you or land with a pedal in your mouth. I dont ride the foam pit anymore after the few incidents ive had in it. Most of the tricks I do are easier to learn fly out anyway.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP