Related:
Create New Tag
andy_squared andy_squared
8/3/2013 5:11 PM

I am thinking of getting a freecoster hub from federal (federal v3) but I want to have sprocket on the left side of the frame ( not standard). Can anyone help me and tell if it is possible to do so on this hub?

tomdon tomdon
8/3/2013 5:13 PM

just buy the hub in lhd. and make sure your cranks are lhd compatible. do you even know what side you grind on? you don't sound like you do

I'm on the vital legit list!

Topsey Topsey
8/3/2013 5:19 PM

I agree with Tom on this one, LHD drive is usually used when you grind on your right side, do you grind on your right? If not you do not need LHD so you wont have to worry about compatibility issues or tracking down the LHD Freecoaster.

8/4/2013 3:25 AM

I am grinding on the right side, and I have been breaking my chain due to the fact that my sprocket is on the right, that is why I want to change my hub. Moreover I prefer a freecoster over normal freewheel. So if you have any suggestions on freecoster hub that is LHD drive can you please tell me. Thanks

tomdon tomdon
8/4/2013 7:50 AM

Alienation rush v2, khe greyhound, federal are the only led coasters your gonna find currently

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/4/2013 7:55 AM

@tomdon
Thanks

Topsey Topsey
8/4/2013 9:55 AM

I would stay well away from the Greyhound though! Heard some serious horror stories about the axles & cone nuts stripping!

The Federal V3 is the best of the bunch right now. It has a thrust bearing behind the driver which allows for easier crank flips which can be harder with a coaster. Basically it disengages the driver quicker. The axle is CRMO instead of Alloy, 3/8ths x 24tpi bolts are a god send too, pretty much every decent Front Hub uses them.

As for Hub Guards, Federal have just released their own Guard which fits the Freecoaster. If you want a CRMO Guard look into Foundation Westside Guards & they make a DSG too called the Eastside.

Should do you well!

dave lawrence dave lawrence
8/4/2013 11:37 AM
Topsey wrote:

I would stay well away ...more

I agree with this UNTIL the Ezra LHD comes out. Then I would go that way. It is a super solid hub.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2013 12:48 PM

what do you guys think about KHE astern hub?

dave lawrence dave lawrence
8/4/2013 2:41 PM
andy_squared wrote:

what do you guys think ...more

Pretty good, has external slack adjust as well. On par with all other KHE coasters.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2013 2:45 PM

it is pretty hard to get in UK sad

Topsey Topsey
8/4/2013 2:54 PM

Get the Federal V3 with a Federal Guard. You can get them both from 20Twenty, Source, The Loot, Custom Riders. I am sure there is more!

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/4/2013 3:02 PM

Just a warning, if you bend/break the bolts on the Federal V3 (They're hollow) you can't use G-Sport bolts unless you cut them down. I'd go for the male version honestly.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/4/2013 3:09 PM

Can you switch federal v3 to LHD?

Topsey Topsey
8/4/2013 3:15 PM
8/4/2013 3:18 PM

Cheers

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP