btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
_bmxican_ _bmxican_
10/3/2019 7:33 PM

So I order a bunch of bmx parts on dans comp sep 23 2019 and like the day I ordered I canceled a part I didn’t need. They answered fast through email. But I haven’t recived my refund. A week goes by and no refund and I start finding out that a lot of people are having issues too and some didn’t even get their parts months later. What can I do any suggestions? At this point I don’t want my parts I just want to cancel my order and get my money back. Anybody else go through this ?

.pegless. .pegless.
10/3/2019 7:57 PM

Talk to dans, and talk to whoever you paid with (your bank, paypal). You’ll probably have to give them time to get the parts to you, then send them back. If they don’t turn up you’ll get the refund a bit quicker

_bmxican_ _bmxican_
10/3/2019 8:10 PM

Their call center is closed the email is the only option but they never answer and i paid with a pre paid card so I’m not sure what to do Can I like involve someone ? Like law?

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
10/3/2019 8:37 PM
_bmxican_ wrote:

Their call center is ...more

You can call the card company and see if there’s anything they can do to reverse the transaction. I do have my doubts that a prepaid card comes with much security for events like this though.

For future reference, if you have prepaid card, it may be best to use it through PayPal instead of directly on a website. That way PayPal will protect you even if the card company won’t.

But yeah, good luck with getting your money back.. I’ve been hearing a lot about people being unable to get in touch with Dans & having to file claims with their banks.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

readybmxer readybmxer
10/3/2019 9:25 PM

Unfortunately, Dan’s ain’t what it once was. Hope everything works out.

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

adamnmexican adamnmexican
10/4/2019 5:46 AM

That’s what happens when you don’t support your local bike shop 🤷‍♂️

Or at least support a legit mailorder like albes, empire bmx, or flatland fuel

It’s all bmx

smullen smullen
10/4/2019 6:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about ordering some parts from them, but I'll check Albes or a few of the others.

eskimojay eskimojay
10/4/2019 7:20 AM

I heard dans went bankrupt and closed the doors a while ago

Four Four
10/4/2019 9:15 AM

Danscomp has always been the best I’ve ordered from. I sent a part back recently and had no issues.

45 refs and counting check profile.

BigMeanPunk BigMeanPunk
10/4/2019 9:20 AM
Four wrote:

Danscomp has always been ...more

You might want to play the lottery. You seem to have the best luck. People have been complaining about these issues with Dan's for well over a year.... look here and on reddit and it seems like people have nothing but issues....

I looked at thier site recently because they had really good filters to figure out what parts you want... they dont carry shit anymore. Looks like most brands don't deal with them anymore...

_bmxican_ _bmxican_
10/4/2019 2:22 PM

I just called Stolenbmx and Odyssey bmx because I order their parts through dans comp so turns out dans comp has not ordered from them for a while and I am not the only one that has called about this kind of issue so I’m going to work with the BBB and get my credit card company involved. Kinda sucks because i wanted to return to bmx so bad

bmxmanboy bmxmanboy
10/4/2019 3:16 PM

Don't order from them, they went out of business. and you might not get the money back. just buy stuff from albes/source/empire/sc or your lbs.

I like riding my bike.

Newton Newton
10/15/2020 10:01 PM

Me too i have experience the same way i order a inner tube fit 20×2.1/2.5 on August 6th 2020 estimated delivery time was 27th August 2020 i had wait upto the final day 27th nothing came i tried to call customer care but they replied and refund the money but not in my credit card it was refunded on store credit lately on september 10th i had to request the same order using the store credit the order was acepted saying that delivery estimated time is October 2nd 2020 waiting upto that day nothing came i was hungry enough..and again reaching to customer care try to refund back my money they just refunded $0.20 on my credit card my money just got wasted like that...

Sum FatOld Dude Sum FatOld Dude
10/16/2020 3:45 AM

About a month ago, I was searching for my first bike in 25 years, and decided that I wanted the Haro DMC Legend 24”. DansComp has the bike in stock while everywhere else showed it as “coming soon”, and they had it priced at $599.00 with free shipping while everywhere else showed a price of $649.00 plus shipping. Without knowing anything about DansComp aside from seeing their name mentioned here once in a while, I ordered.

Then, a couple of guys from this forum mentioned some bad news about the place to me and I decided to call. I placed a call to the number on their website, and my call was answered right away by a dude named Rueben who seemed to know what he was talking about. He assured me that the biggest issues they were having were related to guys ordering items that were on back order status, and getting upset when the manufacturers kept pushing the delivery dates back due to COVID related issues in the overseas factories.

Within a few days I had my bike, so I can say that at least as of a month or so ago, DansComp was answering their phones, filling orders, and shipping very quickly. They also had at least one product that I know was in some level of demand, before anyone else seemed to have it, and they were able to sell it at a lower price than other vendors.

Hopefully, you’re able to get things sorted out, but my recent experience with DansComp was 100% top notch, and I won’t hesitate to do business with them again.

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

Four Four
10/16/2020 7:01 AM

I ordered from danscomp again since the relaunch and other than the shipping being slower than it was before everything was in stock and I received all my parts with no problems. I’d say danscomp is still #2 behind Source being the best mail order atm.

pnfdog pnfdog
10/16/2020 7:59 AM
Four wrote:

I ordered from danscomp ...more

I've ordered multiple times from them in the last 6 months with no issues. Just pay attention and don't expect to get something soon that is clearly on back order...

10/16/2020 8:09 AM
_bmxican_ wrote:

Their call center is ...more

I don’t know what number you are calling to give you the impression that their call center is closed. I just placed a call to their customer service number about 5 minutes ago, and was only holding for about 20 seconds before my call was answered by a guy named Devin.

I had a question for him about how to apply accrued points from a previous purchase as store credit for a future purchase.

Not only was he able to answer my question quickly, but he was able to pull up my account (I assume based on their caller ID system linking it to my phone number) without me having to give my name or a phone number or account number, or anything. He knew what I had previously purchased, when I had purchased it, and exactly how much store credit my purchase had earned.

I’d say you are either calling the wrong number, or you need to give it another try. I’m starting to think a lot of the badmouthing of DansComp is coming from guys who decided to purchase things they knew weren’t in stock, and who are now having buyers remorse when it is taking longer than they expected for their purchases to become available. Not saying that is your case, but I am betting that accounts for a lot of their negative criticism.

Four Four
10/16/2020 8:16 AM
Four wrote:

I ordered from danscomp ...more

pnfdog wrote:

I've ordered multiple ...more

Yup that’s what I like about Source and danscomp they tell you exactly what’s in stock and when it’ll be sent. Which is part of why I rank them the best. Other mail orders not so much lol.

WiteMic WiteMic
10/16/2020 8:50 AM

I was thinking about giving Dans another try but really don't have shit I want. Lol. Was gonna try Time2Shine but I saw the shit show about them on here. Might try Oriol since they have the wtp stuff I want.

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
10/17/2020 10:14 PM
Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

About a month ago, I was ...more

This thread was started almost a year ago, read the thread dates lol.

There have been way less issues with dans as of recent, no one has been having problems which is sweet! It all seemed to be closer to a year or so ago.

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

kylecarlson kylecarlson
10/18/2020 3:29 PM

Dan's has new owners. What little I've dealt with them, they've been solid. Take it for what it's worth, but it's not the same people that everyone was experiencing issues with.

younggotti younggotti
10/18/2020 4:50 PM
WiteMic wrote:

I was thinking about ...more

Oriol has been pretty good to me...one time I ordered tires and got an email 2 days later saying they were out of stock...other than that everything has been good..don't forget to use the code

Dans comp has been good too since they relaunched, I've ordered from them a few times...last black Friday they seemed like the site with the best deals, also got a free backpack and t shirt...also, always look for the coupon code before ordering

WiteMic WiteMic
10/18/2020 4:54 PM
WiteMic wrote:

younggotti wrote:

Oriol has been pretty good ...more

Might have to give them both a shot.

Four Four
10/18/2020 5:31 PM
younggotti wrote:

I’ve wanted to try oriol as they have a bunch of parts I want but they charge way too much for shipping. It was like 30 dollars to ship cranks lmao a frame was like 50+ dollars just in shipping.

younggotti younggotti
10/18/2020 5:49 PM
WiteMic wrote:

younggotti wrote:

Four wrote:

I’ve wanted to try oriol ...more

Yep I agree...they do always offer 15% off, sometimes it eliminates the shipping costs, thats usually when I order from them because it'll balance out from ordering from somewhere else and getting free shipping

Shipping costs for me plays a big role in where I order from

cky199 cky199
10/18/2020 6:03 PM

Dans may be good now but do they still give you cereal and candy in your large orders??

dave lawrence dave lawrence
10/19/2020 4:57 AM

I figure any new parts will be either local shop(s) or Albe's/Empire depending on who has what I want/need.

But I currently don't need anything-just wanting to get some tanwalls for my setup. It's like 25 degrees F and trying to snow here, so my BMX season is basically done. Time to dig out the cold weather gear and take the road bike out!

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

younggotti younggotti
10/19/2020 5:40 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I figure any new parts ...more

yep, it's a sad time for the north...i love riding on saturday/sunday mornings, the businesses arent open yet and i can get to spots and ride without issues but the mornings are getting too cold

with that said, i'm hoping this gives companies time to restock their products as i'm thinking the casual ppl who started riding during covid will stop buying all the stock that they grabbed during the covid summer months

10/19/2020 6:11 AM

What’s all this talk about not riding due to the cold? Bikes were always one of the hottest big ticket items at Christmas, and a Kansas City Christmas morning is usually a bit brisk to say the least. Still, we would take those new bikes out and ride anyway as long as there wasn’t snow and ice on the roads. Bundle up fellas.

younggotti younggotti
10/19/2020 6:44 AM
Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

What’s all this talk about ...more

Nope, too old for that, I ride a few miles to get to the town that has spots and last year i rode when it was cold and it was miserable

If riding is supposed to be fun and I'm not having fun because I'm freezing, then I'm not riding

This is coming from someone who rode snow jumps back in the day and rode on days that were registered as the coldest days in history for my area, but at this point, its not worth it for me anymore

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP