Related:
Create New Tag
bmxfromma bmxfromma
10/29/2013 2:30 PM

I've heard its best to buy a used FC and get used to it before comitting, but I don't know anyone who rides on or is selling one. If i get one it wold probably have a lot of slack, so would riding chainless feel the same/similar? also, i've heard there are hubs with external slack adjustment so I don't have to take the hub apart to adjust the slack, anyone know any good ones? thanks

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

Fad3r Fad3r
10/29/2013 6:37 PM

Riding chainless will help you get a feel for rolling out of stuff and rolling backwards without pedaling but it's not a must. I just ordered a coaster and started riding it, had the hang of the slack and half cabs within a day.
My alienation rush has been a great coaster since day one and it has the external slack adjustment. Most companies now seem to be using the washers, which really isn't a big deal since you'll probably never change the slack after you start riding it. Just a heads up though if you do go for the Alienation, albes has it as a complete wheel for $162 shipped when you use the code vitalboard

bmxfromma bmxfromma
10/30/2013 7:49 AM

Which version of the rush are you running? I ride mostly street and need one that won't get fucked from grinds. I was also looking at the federal v3 coaster, is that any good?

That last question was for anyone btw

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

EddiMundo EddiMundo
10/30/2013 7:55 AM
bmxfromma wrote:

Which version of the rush ...more

wait for the cult, its pretty much out! They hopefully solved the bearing issues...

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
10/30/2013 7:59 AM

I think the cult coaster is out, last i checked all their new parts where supposed to come out this month.

I wouldn't get it yet though I'd wait to see all the reviews that come out on it just in case

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
10/30/2013 8:10 AM

I've seen a few used coasters in the for sale section. Might check there m8. Chainless prob won't help other than the feel of rolling and fakie tricks. There's a big difference between kicking around and having to half crank before pedaling. I would ride a used coaster for a year or till it shits out before I'd buy a nicer new one. Which wouldnt be bad for you, you can ride a used one, then buy the Cult in a year if its all that its supposed to be.

I might try the Profile coaster whenever/if it drops. I pedal pressure everything I do, so FCs are a no no for me.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

EddiMundo EddiMundo
10/30/2013 8:10 AM
handlebar-to-face wrote:

I think the cult coaster ...more

yeah, they released it, but its not over here (UK) yet, and i dont know about the USA

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

dave lawrence dave lawrence
10/30/2013 10:08 AM

I'm curious about the Odyssey coaster...

Anyone seen anything other than the box the prototype came in?

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
10/30/2013 10:15 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I'm curious about the ...more

Didn't even know they where making a coaster.

Also i just saw the eclat coaster was in it's final prototype stage

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
10/30/2013 10:16 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

It was never confirmed. They said it might be odyssey, it might be gsport, it might be anything. But I figure either it was a hoax or it won't be out for a few years. They wouldve said something at interbike or released photos of it if it was even in prototype stages.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

dave lawrence dave lawrence
10/30/2013 10:53 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It was never confirmed. ...more

THIS RIGHT HERE makes me think otherwise to the coaster not being legit or announced.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP