Related:
Create New Tag
Francky Francky
10/11/2019 1:02 PM

Hi, my custom coaster is dying I switched driver, clutch, bearing and axle many times, the only original part is the shell.
My clucth and bearings are fucked and I’ll probably need a new axle too soon for my liking.
So nearly 100 to spend, why not get a brand new coaster, I found two interesting deals at 120€.

So Eclat Cortex vs Shadow optimized.

The eclat internals seem interesting with the triple spring balls, less friction (the classic system litterally digged into my last clutch (primo) generally the balls get worned out first, shitiest clutch ever).
And the shadow, I didn’t found anything about the internals, but I saw an axle alone for sale which didn’t seem to have a hole for spring balls so I’m intrigued... anybody have experiences with any of these ?

?

View Results

.pegless. .pegless.
10/11/2019 1:29 PM

Odyssey clutch v2

adamnmexican adamnmexican
10/11/2019 1:49 PM

they're all the same. get a z-coaster

fack off

Francky Francky
10/11/2019 3:14 PM
adamnmexican wrote:

they're all the same. get ...more

I'm a true coaster guy, I don't need a weird half casette.
(and it is way off budget anyway)

Francky Francky
10/11/2019 3:18 PM
.pegless. wrote:

Odyssey clutch v2

Meh... I don't like the idea of plastic internals.

.pegless. .pegless.
10/11/2019 7:36 PM
.pegless. wrote:

Odyssey clutch v2

Francky wrote:

Meh... I don't like the ...more

The internals have a lifetime warranty. And the only issue I’ve ever heard with them was Tim’s, and that was the shell/clutch. I had a v1 and didn’t have a single issue. It’s a pretty special plastic that wears a lot less than metal on metal

NoobBro1 NoobBro1
10/11/2019 10:33 PM
.pegless. wrote:

Odyssey clutch v2

Francky wrote:

Clutch v2 is super strong and odyssey is good w hooking u up w parts If they break.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
10/11/2019 11:33 PM

Odyssey clutch v2 is pretty much best coaster available

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

Bulletpup Bulletpup
10/12/2019 11:02 AM

I agree, Odyssey has sent me parts if anything fails. If they cant get you twken care of they will most likely send out a full replacement. They have excellent customer service!

You might have a hard time finding a clutch v2 for 100 bucks though...

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
10/13/2019 7:34 AM
.pegless. wrote:

Odyssey clutch v2

Francky wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

The internals have a ...more

I actually “broke” every single piece of that hub except for the hub shell and NDS Cone, all while riding around with a non-functional wrist post-surgeries. The parts in that hub would literally fail quicker than they could replace them for me. And their solution to the issue was to have me mail them my wheel to have it “modified”😂 What a joke, right?

The modification lasted 1month and then the hub developed infinite-slack. When I emailed them about it, they told me that they figured that would happen (again, what a joke, right?)

After a full year of me running through internal parts & expressing my absolute displeasure with this garbage hub, they finally offered to replace it, but insisted that they send me a black one instead - because the functionality and design of the Clutch hub is altered per every batch they manufacture (& they only made that 1 batch of Polished hubs.)

At the end of the day, they went above and beyond to make me happy and get my bike dialed, so I can’t be mad.
But.. I highly recommend choosing literally any other Freecoaster than the Clutch hub, since there is no way to determine if the hub you order will be coming from a good batch, a crank-flipping batch, or even a defective batch.
And god forbid if you end up with a defective hub, their warranty department would rather beat around the bush and waste a year of your time than get a new hub to you promptly.

Sucks that I had to learn all that the hard way but it is what it is I guess lol.

Edit;
P.S. I owned a different Clutch v2 prior to my wrist surgeries (when I rode hard) for almost 2 years and it was the best hub I ever owned. Never had to replace a single part, just did routine maintenance to keep it greased and dialed. My opinion on them is based entirely upon the fact that they change them up between batches & BS’d me around on warranty for a year.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

.pegless. .pegless.
10/13/2019 11:53 AM
Francky wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I actually “broke” every ...more

If I recall correctly you didn’t exactly treat that hub very well. I’m sure I saw a video of you smashing your cranks and forcing them round that you posted on Facebook? If a part doesn’t work how it should, you fix it or get it fixed, not ride it and abuse it to make it worse.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
10/13/2019 12:19 PM
.pegless. wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I actually “broke” every ...more

.pegless. wrote:

If I recall correctly you ...more

Yes indeed, I smashed my pedal with a shovel in a video to send odyssey - in response to them telling me that the “drag” I was experiencing was completely normal. The video displayed that absolutely no amount of force could make the cranks spin like they said they should, and even advertise on their website that the hub is “crankflip ready”.

In fact, even they agreed it was not normal once they had it in their own hands, and they still chose to “modify” it and send it back to me for it to fail some more, knowing that it would fail more.

This was also AFTER a handful of parts had failed and been replaced, even though I could barely bunnyhop at the time they were failing (so the hub barely saw any use outside of literally cruising it around town)

No I do not beat my bike with a shovel on a regular basis for the hell of it. Don’t be silly.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP