Related:
Create New Tag
MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
8/8/2013 7:28 PM

Well imma do a triple thread!

First: What are things you tend to change around on your bike? I always change my rear end length by messing around with the chain length. I actually slammed it today and it is wonderful! (13.6)

Second: Has anyone got anything new for their bike lately? What is it if so? I got new plastic pegs and DAMN! I love them!! They are sooo nice! I love how they slide! I figured, for 16 bucks, why not? haha I didnt know if id like them, but im in love, i have never done an icepick on stuff that i did now! haha I got a KMC Kool chain from a closing bike shop for super cheap!

Third: And most important, i went on vacation to the Lake Erie area, Presque Isle, for a few days, sadly, i didnt get to bring along my bike, and even more sad, there were SO MANY SPOTS!!! haha i saw so many just everywhere i went. I just was cringing that i couldnt ride them. BMX really changes the way you see the world in that sense. I dont really like to do anything but BMX, so i just kinda sit around and wish i was doing something bike related lol. I got to ride one of those rental 2 person side-by-side bike-like things. Which are actually fun!! haha i drifted it and tried to jump it a bit! lol i had a fun time even tho i didnt get to ride!! I went to 3 bike shops, the only in the area. I made a point to buy something at each, because i believe in supporting ALL bike shops, unless they are buttholes lol. The first i went to really didnt have much of a BMX selection, but they did have some cheaper plastic pegs!! They are actually good too haha. The next did NOT HAVE ANYTHING BMX which was bad! but i still got a Park Spoke tool, as i wanted a better one!! haha The next, which, sadly, was going out of business, only because the older man that owned it was retiring. They had a huge selection of BMX!! A lot of Fits, which they changed all the tires on to give customers who buy their bikes a better bike! They had older parts throughout which were really cool to see!! I bought a chain because i didnt have much cash left. I woulda got other stuff tho haha. Basically, i went to all kinds of of bike shops and the nicest was the one that HAD BMX! haha Describe what your bike shops are like, if you have a LBS! What is the nicest shop you have been to? Do you guys think that all shops should atleast carry BMX tires and grips and pedals?

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

Topsey Topsey
8/8/2013 7:35 PM

I got R-25 Forks, Odyssey Headset, Tree Collet Stem, Tree Compression Bolt, Tree Moto 8.5" 4 Upsweep Bars, Fit Benny Grips, Tree Threaded Bar Ends, Tree Ergo Fat Seat & Fit Post.

I'm pretty pumped on all that! I had to mess around with the Steerer Tube length, nothing a disc cutter couldn't sort out!

I am saving up for my new BSD/Eclat build right now. I am super stoked on it & i cannot fucking wait to get it all finished however its looking like it will be built at the end of November if all goes well with the Eclat Blind Freecoaster. I am going to be SERIOUSLY pissed if they don't release it this year! I mean Richard @ Eclat told me they will know more at Interbike, Which is September when i was told it would be released!!! So if it isn't out by Xmas i will unfortunately have either get a different Freecoaster & fuck up my build plan, or go with an Eclat Dynamic Cassette which although it is a great Hub would hugely annoy me because i REALLY wanted this bike to be my new Freecoaster ride!!

8/8/2013 7:46 PM
Topsey wrote:

I got R-25 Forks, Odyssey ...more

OH WOW!! I like those parts. A LOT!! Haha I hope your coaster comes thru! I want that! Haha maybe if it is good, i hope it is, i will purchase one! haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

tomdon tomdon
8/8/2013 7:49 PM

I got spokes and I'm wainting on a sprocket. I dont change the feel of my bike very often. I switch out parts I have depending on my mood

I'm on the vital legit list!

Topsey Topsey
8/8/2013 7:53 PM

Mr. Maximus, i have a Bike Check up in the B.C Section with all my new parts smile

jj0996 jj0996
8/8/2013 7:54 PM

i mess around with my tire pressure all the time.

i got a demolition machete 2.25

the only bike shop with BMX stuff is sheels and they are rely good with shit and they treat me right, the nicest bike shop i went to was in Las Vegas and i only bought a pair of ODI O's, and yes i do believe all shops should carrie at least matnice shit for each type of bike

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

TheBrandonFranke TheBrandonFranke
8/8/2013 8:03 PM

Got a old eastern compressor, chase hawk grips (garbage), sprayed my bars black, got new headset bearings for my trailboss I never ride, got a new sunday current tire, switched my back tire to a duo stunner lo, got a kmc 710, a ezra equis 28t, alienation effects pedals, odyssey clear pads.

Thats a typical month for me, or..... every week. Lol.

I quit visiting my lbs because they only carry verde. I still go if I need something done I cant do like tighten my hub because I need a special spanner for it I dont have.

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/8/2013 8:03 PM
Topsey wrote:

Mr. Maximus, i have a Bike ...more

Ahh i havent gotten to check things out til today! I only had my Ipod at the hotel! haha

Collin_McClenahan Collin_McClenahan
8/8/2013 8:07 PM

Got an Aitken front tire for my primary ride, and I hope before too long I can get some prototype parts for my company running.

I never change my bike, I can't stand having a super long chain, even though I want a longer rear end.

Nearest shop to me is 45 minutes away, so I usually buy from Empire

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

Four Four
8/8/2013 8:22 PM

I always change bar size and frames. I finally found a frame I like.

I got a new frame,bars,stem,cranks,pedals fixed, bottom bracket, seat clamp, grips, bar ends.

I have an lbs it's cool. I never buy anything there really but I know the owner and he fixes my bike when I don't got the tools to do it.

45 refs and counting check profile.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/8/2013 10:48 PM

I always change around my brake setup between none, front, rear, and both. Rocking none right now, probably going to front only unless someone buys my F25s soon.

I got a 2.25" Demolition Machete and I'm in love with it even though I haven't ridden it yet haha. Painting my Powerbite arms black next week and getting a V1 hollow spindle for them. Then I'm gonna buy a 27T Tree Lite for them. Then if I sell my F25s I'm getting R25s. And then closer to Christmas I'm getting a new frame. Have my eye on the WZA V3 and Tocco V2 right now.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

jamiespadina jamiespadina
8/8/2013 11:40 PM

i usually change the tension of the chain and the psi in my tires either go up 10 or down 10 so sitting in the 90-110 psi

lately i made some new pegs, spindles for my pedals, spindles for my front hub (Primo n4) and I bought a new back rim (Big Baller) new paws for my mix driver and swapping up to a 10T driver from and 8T then going up in the sprocket size from 25 to 30 also got a new chain coming and buying a marmoset in a week. (Always wanted the hub now I'm getting it. also got 3 new gun guards. primo pc dsg and two mk3 glands

The first breath is the beginning of death

James_Letten17 James_Letten17
8/9/2013 1:15 AM

trading a scooter for this Photo

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

fitbikerider14 fitbikerider14
8/9/2013 10:03 AM

I switch my brake pads all the time because im picky lol

I'm gonna buy some tan wall chase hawk tires later today and if i have money I'm gonna get a quick slic cable

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

Topsey Topsey
8/9/2013 10:12 AM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

I always change around my ...more

Get the BSD smile

BMX_Forever BMX_Forever
8/9/2013 10:23 AM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

I always change around my ...more

The WZA is fully brakeless so you won't be able to run a Brake if you want to.

K_A_N_E_ K_A_N_E_
8/9/2013 10:35 AM

I always change the height of my seat (from 1 fist and a bit to 1 and a half finger height) but I'm staying at a fist and a bit height.

Always change the angle of my bars to see what fits me best. Right now I really like my bars inline with the steer tube.

Flipped my front load stem it was alright, I flipped it back today and I like it more. (I'm 5'5")

That's about it

I'm gonna need bigger bars

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/9/2013 12:25 PM
BMX_Forever wrote:

The WZA is fully brakeless ...more

I know, that's what I was thinking. I've spent so much money and time switching my brake stuff around, and if I have no brake mounts then there's no way I can run brakes and I don't have to think about it anymore! smile

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

funfrontbrake funfrontbrake
8/9/2013 1:26 PM

Im trying bars too see what I like the most.

So montanas are on the way.

Just got new tires. hawk as rear and rubben as front.
The rubben is kinda very grippy for street and might get a undertaker

Georgee Georgee
8/9/2013 2:24 PM

Honestly the bike I'm riding I haven't changed a part on it for a year plus, everything just works but hopefully soon I'll be able to do a big change up and get a new frame, bars, forks and more

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/9/2013 4:18 PM
Topsey wrote:

Get the BSD smile

Probably gonna go with the 20.85" WZA in raw. My friend can get them really cheap from his local shop, like 30-40% off and he said he'd hook me up haha.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

Topsey Topsey
8/9/2013 4:21 PM

See if you can get the newest version the Gloss Clear one not the Flat Clear one!

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/9/2013 4:23 PM
Topsey wrote:

See if you can get the ...more

I really really like the gloss clear one. Not a fan of the flat raw. He said he could get it for $225 plus tax. I could get one right when someone decides to buy my current frame haha.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

Topsey Topsey
8/9/2013 4:26 PM

Haha Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

~ # * ATTENTION!!! * # ~
~ # * IF ANYONE NEEDS A BETTER FRAME, BUY OHIOANS VERDE!!!!!!! * # ~

Fad3r Fad3r
8/9/2013 4:36 PM

I guess most of the recent newer stuff i've gotten is a Tomahawk stem and Rush V2 coaster, a few months ago i also went to 165mm profiles. Like the look and feel of the frontload paired with my Benny bars and the 53mm reach feels good. The coaster has been nothing but fun since i've had it, don't see myself going back to cassette. Now i honestly can't see myself switching anything until i have to. The specs and geometry on everything i have is exactly how i want my bike to feel.
As for future purchases theres not much i have in mind. Just the Fit wizard sleeves and the Key Chain whenever it releases.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/9/2013 4:52 PM
Topsey wrote:

Haha Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

~ ...more

Hahaha, so here's my plan.

-Paint my Powerbite arms black and get a hollow spindle
-Sell my frame, Redline cranks, bottom bracket, and MDS
-Buy a 20.85" gloss raw BSD WZA V3, 27T black Tree Lite sprocket, brown BSD seat (Assuming they still make them, not sure, just saw them on their site), and black BSD seat post
-Sell my F25s and use the remaining money to buy black R25s, a 2.20" black wall Animal TWW for the rear, Flatware grips, extra BSD guard sleeves for the Marmoset, and a Daily Grind drive side guard.

Then my bike would be fucking dialed until I decide to ruin it again haha.

Edit: Plus a Fiend headset and Fit Mac unsealed pedals!

Edit again: Plus eventually 165mm BSD cranks, as my Powerbites are as old as me and have a few cracks by the pinch bolts haha!

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

Topsey Topsey
8/9/2013 5:05 PM

They aren't making the Brown ones i am assuming you mean the one on Jerseys bike right? They are making a Tan one version, which looks fucking epic with a Polished Seat Post.. Tan Leather Seat, Polished Post, Gloss Raw Frame = BONER!

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/9/2013 5:10 PM
Topsey wrote:

They aren't making the ...more

Yeah, the tan one! Might go with the polished post actually. Really like that look. Might be awhile though because no one around here wants my parts and I don't turn 18 until February so I can't get a Paypal or anything haha.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP