Related:
Create New Tag
tainted1581 tainted1581
7/20/2013 6:47 PM

I'm having heaps of trouble lifting my back wheel up when I practice hops. I try scooping it but I just end up back pedalling.
Any tips?

bicycle more like bikecycle

tomdon tomdon
7/20/2013 7:00 PM

when i hop i dont scoop the back end. its more like pull up then push forward kinda. idk it's such a simple trick but a pain in the ass to explain

I'm on the vital legit list!

chad88 chad88
7/20/2013 7:08 PM

try pushing foward on the bars and pushing back a little with pedals takes some time to learn

Enter Name Here Enter Name Here
7/20/2013 8:08 PM

its hard to explain but try and bring your feet up to your ass and push up and out

CHECK OUT MY BIKE CHECK IF YOU LIKE IT, LIKE IT

http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Enter-Name-Here,105037/setup,84060

bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
7/21/2013 7:32 AM

it would be heaps easier if you posted a 30 second video of you trying to hop so we can see what you are doing wrong and diagnose your problems

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

sketchytravis sketchytravis
7/21/2013 1:59 PM

like when you start to hop, jump up and suck up the back end, its just kinda practice

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
7/21/2013 6:41 PM

READ THE WHOLE THING IF YOU WANT TO BUNNY HOP!!

Alright. I have explained this in person and taught tons of 5 year olds to hop. One even learned to pro hop. Alright here it goes:

okay first step: Ride around somewhere that you can drift your back end. Sounds weird, i know. But this is how you find out what foot back you are. Wet grass or gravel works fine. Make sure you have breaks of course. Helps a heap. This way you will know what foot is dominant by which way you can drift!! Trust me, this works. If you already know what foot back you are, skip this step.

Second step: Make sure you have a bit of bike control. Go off jumps for a day to know what it feels like to go in the air and hit the ground.

Third step: This step is the most important. There are different ways and styles i have seen (and use myself) there is the "pop" where you dont bend your knees at all in the hop and just pull up and push out and basically spring off the ground; That way is the most advanced way and is harder to learn off the bat. The other way is what i call the super man hop. This is the hops that are commonly seen when people are hopping as high as possible and use all the ways to hop at once. You huck the back end all the way to your butt and push all the way out, like a superman. You also spring in that type of hop. And this is how most people learn, i call this the baby bunny hop because its like you are born into the bunny-hopping world. I have seen this done in a few ways i will get into after this. You MUST learn to connect your feet onto your pedals. Pedals have pins for this. \\

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

tainted1581 tainted1581
7/22/2013 4:00 AM
MaximusBikes wrote:

READ THE WHOLE THING IF ...more

What do you mean by drift? I use my right foot forward but I don't understand what you mean by drift.

Like this?

K_A_N_E_ K_A_N_E_
7/22/2013 9:53 AM

Practice getting your back wheel up.

lean back and then move your body weight to the front and and scoop your feet

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/22/2013 2:12 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

READ THE WHOLE THING IF ...more

tainted1581 wrote:

What do you mean by drift? ...more

Yes just like that.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/22/2013 2:13 PM

AW shit. it took the most important part of my how to away. And i dont feel like typing it again.

Spenlard Spenlard
7/22/2013 3:23 PM

Just practice pulling it up more. It's not really a trivial thing, just takes practice.

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

tainted1581 tainted1581
7/23/2013 12:08 AM
MaximusBikes wrote:

AW shit. it took the most ...more

Damn.

BBQgoat BBQgoat
7/23/2013 12:24 AM

probably just fear. as simple as it sounds you gotta commit. when I first started I couldn't lift the back either, ended up realizing it was because I was too scared to lean forward and dip my feet down enough to get it up

jamiespadina jamiespadina
7/23/2013 12:46 AM

hey man i will make a little how to for you. it will be my first one so it's a win win.
Most of it is commitment

The first breath is the beginning of death

tainted1581 tainted1581
7/23/2013 3:44 PM
jamiespadina wrote:

hey man i will make a ...more

Alright thanks man :D

7/24/2013 2:30 AM
jamiespadina wrote:

hey man i will make a ...more

tainted1581 wrote:

Alright thanks man :D

hey just made one last night at 2100 for you but sorry for the crappiness of the video. was soo tired and just finished work.
Hope it helps you out though and i will make a new one this weekend with a day edit so it will have decent explanation and height smile

7/24/2013 2:50 AM

there is my video for now man. hope it gets the point out there for you

Matttttt98 Matttttt98
7/24/2013 10:01 AM

Throw away your bike if you don't know how to get your back up lol

Mikel8149 Mikel8149
7/24/2013 10:10 AM
Matttttt98 wrote:

Throw away your bike if ...more

You are gay.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/24/2013 2:54 PM
Matttttt98 wrote:

Throw away your bike if ...more

Mikel8149 wrote:

You are gay.

This

tainted1581 tainted1581
7/24/2013 8:56 PM
jamiespadina wrote:

there is my video for ...more

Cheers man, I'm gonna go out and practice now tongue

7/25/2013 5:21 PM
jamiespadina wrote:

there is my video for ...more

tainted1581 wrote:

Cheers man, I'm gonna go ...more

Its alright. Point that needs to be made is lift your front wheel up as high as you can and push forward

FuckYoCult FuckYoCult
7/25/2013 7:55 PM

Step 1: Lift up your front end
Step 2: Jump and lift your bars as you hop

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

SickDude SickDude
7/25/2013 8:02 PM

If sickdude can do it you can too

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP