Related:
Create New Tag
Four Four
4/10/2013 9:19 AM

I got Dk rt forks and the fork bolt makes no sense to me. If someone could please explain simple as possible I'd greatly appreciate it.

Photo

Photo

Photo

45 refs and counting check profile.

FreddyDapice FreddyDapice
4/10/2013 9:35 AM

I think you just push it down untill the bolt meets the part where it screws in on the fork and just tighten it.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

Topsey Topsey
4/10/2013 9:54 AM

The silver bit needs to be knocked into the steerer tube till its snug & tight & then you tighten the bolt bit down & hopefully it will stay put. Its basically an expensive star nut & those where really shit lol. Hopefully DK have improved upon it or you're in for some hassles!!

Four Four
4/10/2013 10:42 AM
Topsey wrote:

The silver bit needs to be ...more

Yeah this thing is a fucking pain in the ass. I just threw my old forks on haha.

Bikeguru Bikeguru
4/10/2013 11:05 AM

Hi bike guru here and it looks like you are missing some parts the top cap should have a beveled split spacer between the top cap and the bottom nut when you tighten the top cap after it is place inside of the fork steerer tube the split spacer will spread out and hold itself to the inside of the steerer tube that is how it works. In Outher words you should have a top cap a bolt a center split spacer a spring to force it open and a bottom nut to compress them all together so they tighten on the inside of the steerer tube to hold it in place and preload the headset bearings and also hold the stem on. Bike guru.

Four Four
4/10/2013 11:33 AM
Bikeguru wrote:

Hi bike guru here and it ...more

That sorted made sense. I got all the parts the forks came installed fine but I had to take it apart. I'll try it.

SickDude SickDude
4/10/2013 11:39 AM

Its a free buttplug

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

lilchrissyy lilchrissyy
4/10/2013 12:01 PM
SickDude wrote:

Its a free buttplug

There's always a smart arse on nearly thread

Four Four
4/10/2013 4:47 PM
SickDude wrote:

Its a free buttplug

lilchrissyy wrote:

There's always a smart ...more

Yeap.

Anyone else have some input?

Four Four
4/10/2013 5:36 PM
Bikeguru wrote:

Hi bike guru here and it ...more

This is what I got. Does it go on in this order?

Photo

Mikel8149 Mikel8149
4/10/2013 5:41 PM

I think it goes on the way it went. Remember...... Reeeeeemeeeembeeerrrrrrr.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

Four Four
4/10/2013 7:21 PM
Mikel8149 wrote:

I think it goes on the way ...more

Hahaha I don't because it kind of surprised me, I thought it was a traditional fork bolt so I wasn't paying attention. Fucking Dk.

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
4/10/2013 9:39 PM

Screw star nuts. I used to run them when my bike was a pos. I didn't trust it so I ended up getting a stem lock. Nowadays, it's all about threaded fork bolts. Only low end completes use star nuts.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Four Four
4/11/2013 6:48 AM
isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Screw star nuts. I used to ...more

Yes....this thing is fucking annoying -__-

maniacbmx maniacbmx
4/11/2013 6:52 AM

So wait now the fork bolt threads directly into the fork steerer tube? Why is a star nut so bad?

Four Four
4/11/2013 6:56 AM
maniacbmx wrote:

So wait now the fork bolt ...more

I personally don't like it because 1. I don't yet know how to install it haha 2. It seems like a lot of unnecessary work, tbh I'd rather just have a regular fork bolt.

maniacbmx maniacbmx
4/11/2013 9:50 AM

well wait i have a bolt and it goes to something in my forks... like its hollow then theres a hole thats threaded.. that would be the star nut right? why is that bad cuz I've had mine for a few years now... and no probs...

Four Four
4/12/2013 9:51 AM

Bump I found the split washer that was in fork.

Four Four
4/13/2013 7:53 PM

Nevermind problem solved, I made 40 bucks lol.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP