Related:
Create New Tag
NJride NJride
3/25/2020 5:03 AM

Is there a way to add brake mounts to a brakless frame? A buddy of mine was taking about tapping the mounts in. I’m just not trying destroy my ty morrow frame

adamnmexican adamnmexican
3/25/2020 5:30 AM

Weld brake mounts on. Try emailing standard/s&m/laird or any other bicycle company that makes frames in house.

It’s all bmx

NJride NJride
3/25/2020 12:59 PM
adamnmexican wrote:

Weld brake mounts on. Try ...more

So there is away around the brakeless

adamnmexican adamnmexican
3/25/2020 1:28 PM
adamnmexican wrote:

NJride wrote:

So there is away around ...more

have someone weld mounts to your chainstay. or buy one of these:

Photo

It’s all bmx

Cellmember Cellmember
3/25/2020 2:04 PM

Yes you can definitely have welded mounts or removable mounts done. I have a frame that I just recently had removable brake mounts welded onto it on both the seatstay and the chainstay, you just have to make sure you measure the mounts out correctly along with the position and are level along with how low-high you'd like em. Any good qualified frame fab should be able to do it easily. I wanted the 8mm version instead of 6mm. Came out perfect. Photo
Photo

NJride NJride
3/25/2020 2:32 PM
Cellmember wrote:

Yes you can definitely ...more

Thanks for the info def was a little scared of tapping an welding into the frame thought it would destroy the integrity of the frame

NJride NJride
3/25/2020 2:33 PM
adamnmexican wrote:

NJride wrote:

So there is away around ...more

adamnmexican wrote:

have someone weld mounts ...more

The ty mo frame doesn’t have a hole to put this through I already looked into this

Cellmember Cellmember
3/25/2020 5:24 PM
NJride wrote:

Thanks for the info def ...more

They will drill the frame out and weld, you can't just straight drill and tap a frame for mounts that wont work, you need a removable boss or non-rem welded on. If you drill and tap the tube then screw the mount in it'll just snap right off the frame.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP