Related:
Create New Tag
sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/22/2014 7:48 PM

Earlier I was trying tailwhips out of a quarter, flyout not air whips, and the one I did I landed really weird cause I went too high by accident, landed and heard a loud TINK.. like the sound that your handlebars make when you land nose heavy and they move. It sounded bad..

Inspected my bike, nothing broken/cracked from what I can see, bars didn't shift, no broken spokes or chain links, headset spins fine, pedals aren't busted and sprocket didn't crumble.. So I have/still have no idea what the fuck that noise was.

Anyone ever have this happen? Post about it here, it's such an uneasy feeling knowing it made that bad a noise but nothing appears to be damaged. Rode it afterwards & it felt fine too so idk haha.

tr1x tr1x
3/22/2014 7:51 PM

my bike did that last sunday when i did a half cab and landed nose heavy. it freaked me out but i still have no idea what made that sound and everything was fine when i checked

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
3/22/2014 8:06 PM

Happened with my cranks/ rear wheel once after clipping a jump, have no idea what it was but it stopped so i guess it was nothing serious

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

Mikel8149 Mikel8149
3/22/2014 8:11 PM

chain hitting frame?

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/22/2014 8:16 PM
Mikel8149 wrote:

chain hitting frame?

I really doubt it, my chain's not that loose.

Upon further inspection, I found I cracked & almost split the front bumper to my seat in half haha but that's not that big of a part to make that loud a noise. Oh well.

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
3/22/2014 8:44 PM
Mikel8149 wrote:

chain hitting frame?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I really doubt it, my ...more

Spokes dude. Wheel flex, etc. happens no matter what, trust me. I HATE it. Supposedly 48 spoked wheels dont do that. And 5 cross tend not to, but it sure does piss me off. Lol i have strange squeaks when i pedal, bc of my chain. I bought chain lube and it only works for a little bit. I am trying 3 in 1 oil bc that makes it stop usually haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
3/23/2014 9:06 AM

Spoke flex/loosening probably.

Or your bars creaked a tiny bit.

Check over all welds, check out spoke tension too.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

T-rider T-rider
3/23/2014 9:55 AM

Happened to my front wheel in a pretty big 360.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/23/2014 12:30 PM
dave lawrence wrote:

Spoke flex/loosening ...more

Checked over all welds, nearly shit myself a few times cause dirt was lining the welds of my cranks & frame in a few places haha. I'm gonna go with my spokes cause a few of them were fairly loose when I checked it over earlier

BNC BNC
3/23/2014 4:04 PM
feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
3/23/2014 6:04 PM

check all frame welds. Thats the sound mine made when i cracked it

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/23/2014 6:22 PM
feeble_to_face wrote:

check all frame welds. ...more

Already did that, @BNC doubt it was the BB, but I popped open my headset & the bottom bearing was a bit crunchy for only being a few months old.. Don't know if that would have caused it but I threw some fresh grease in there after cleaning it up anyway.

Cellmember Cellmember
3/23/2014 6:59 PM

Have had this happen and so have friends, Headset bearing cracked, or a hub body/ driver bearing.

Just seen the post above.

streetBMX streetBMX
3/23/2014 7:22 PM

i used to have this problem… i just tightened up my headset/fork bolt and the noise went away for ever

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

bmxfromma bmxfromma
3/24/2014 4:53 AM

Happened yesterday when I carved into a hop 3 too much and over rotate a bit

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

BikeAndSnow7 BikeAndSnow7
3/24/2014 6:42 AM

happens to me all the time because I have a broken driver on my hub . its most likely just the hub skipping I think

Majestic_Muffin Majestic_Muffin
3/24/2014 6:44 AM

Probably something to do with the front spokes

Shortdude Shortdude
3/24/2014 10:47 AM

Check front wheel bearings and spokes. That happened to me as well, but still rides fine.

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP