Related:
Create New Tag
blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
3/4/2017 6:22 PM

I run og bob bars that are only 25" wide. I also run brakes. I am using an old odi toadstool grip on the right side because it's shorter than all the new grips and lets me have room for the lever. Eventually i will need to replace the grip and i was wondering if anyone knew a brake lever that takes up less space or would work on the bend better than my diatech dirty harry lever. I've read the eclat sniper lever is good on the bends, anyone run this lever?

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

readybmxer readybmxer
3/4/2017 8:40 PM

I was just about to suggest the Sniper, lol. I've seen it in person at a shop, I can imagine how sweet it'd ride on a bend.

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

am-shaegar am-shaegar
3/5/2017 5:04 AM

How about:
Gold Finger

Also, I run Shadow Sano on the bend, and it works great

I think that any lever that has a hinge will work on the bend.

TKeck TKeck
3/5/2017 9:26 AM

If you'd rather make you bars wider than find a skinny lever Matt Beringer makes bar extender bar ends. They come in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1" lengths.

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

cmc cmc
3/5/2017 9:31 AM
JonnyGanja JonnyGanja
3/5/2017 9:39 AM

i remember those days haha

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
3/5/2017 10:13 AM

cmc is that yours? Because daaamn!

Whats wrong with a Dirt Harry? Its perfect for the bends. But anyway the Fly Manual one looks like it might work on the bend.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
3/5/2017 10:23 AM

That's what I was going to suggest haha. Tech77, and bend it out. We used to just put a ring spanner on it and bend til it was at our desired angle

Cellmember Cellmember
3/5/2017 4:14 PM
readybmxer wrote:

I was just about to ...more

Only thing is they have terrible lever wobble. Still a nice lever though other than that, I bought one but don't use it just because of that, I'm super picky when it comes to brake performance. tongue

Cellmember Cellmember
3/5/2017 4:15 PM

Does anyone remember the gold finger lever ?

http://velobox.ru/CATALOG/BMX/19/DIATECH/gf.jpg

cmc cmc
3/5/2017 7:53 PM
Super-Pawl wrote:

cmc is that yours? Because ...more

Nope. I just Googled some mid-school bikes to find an example of the old bent-out Tech 77 thing !!

It's much better to just run handlebars with a narrower bend-to-bend distance, then use a full length un-bent lever (like a Tech 77).

Short "one-finger" or "two-finger" levers have less leverage.

Some of my handlebar collection . . . .

Basic Whammy,
Hoffman Love Handles
GT Vert bars
BoneDeth 9"s
Hoffman Kneesaver

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP