Related:
Create New Tag
killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 5:51 PM

Wassup guys, im hopin someone can please help me with this problem. I have an FBM Bellwitch frame and no matter what back wheel and hubguard i have (i used to have a odyssey hazard laced to a shadow raptor, now i have a gsport rollcage laced to a ratchet) and no matter how hard i tighten it, even to the point where i step on the wrench till it doesnt budge no more, and after i bang out a few grinds or land with a heavier impact it always goes from being centered to almost touching and sometimes rubbing my left chainstay to the point where i cant ride it. Shit is so annoying, can anyone help me out? is it the drop outs, is it my pegs? (shadow little ones). please help, thanks and sorry for the long post but i felt i needed to be extra descriptive!

andyferly andyferly
4/7/2013 5:53 PM

Try sanding off some paint off the dropouts, this might help.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 5:58 PM
andyferly wrote:

Try sanding off some paint ...more

already did that man :{

Nike iD Nike iD
4/7/2013 5:59 PM

Mine does this too, shit sucks.

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 6:00 PM
Nike iD wrote:

Mine does this too, shit ...more

for real man, sometimes im far from home and i gotta take the friggin train when it jams, i dont always wanna carry round tools either

Nike iD Nike iD
4/7/2013 6:09 PM
killawolf wrote:

for real man, sometimes im ...more

Yeah mine did that earlier, but at a ledge like 3 blocks from my house.

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
4/7/2013 6:11 PM

do you use washers in between the axle nut and dropout?

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 7:24 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

do you use washers in ...more

i do on the non-peg side

BMXism BMXism
4/7/2013 7:41 PM

How far back is your wheel? I think people who like the feel longer rears are more prone to wheel shifting on grinds or heavy impacts. I hated that shit. That's why I always run my shit slammed. Either slam or chain tensioners.

I don't see why chain tensioners aren't as popular as they could be. I used a pair of GT ones for a long time before I got into slamming my wheel. They don't weigh shit and you barely notice them. Frames that come with them built in are sick af.

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
4/7/2013 7:43 PM
killawolf wrote:

i do on the non-peg side

Hmm good. I was gonna say that would be the issue but it isn't. only thing I can thing of is investing in a chain tensioner

bermybmxer bermybmxer
4/7/2013 7:57 PM

Another alternative is to make shorten the chain so that its tight at the very front of the dropouts (becuase you have a female hub if its too tight to get in you can remove the axle bolts and slot it in that way). This way it will have no-where to go, as generally the wheel will shift forward.

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 8:54 PM
BMXism wrote:

How far back is your ...more

to be honest my chain was slammed before but it loosened, and i just got a new chain and id have to install a half link in it to do so :/ thanks i just heard chain tensioners break easily

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 9:00 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

do you use washers in ...more

killawolf wrote:

i do on the non-peg side

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Hmm good. I was gonna say ...more

thanks im looking into them

killawolf killawolf
4/7/2013 9:01 PM
bermybmxer wrote:

Another alternative is to ...more

slammin the wheel as BMXism said right? yea i used to run it like that till my chain stretched cause it was a kmc superlite or w,e crap with a makeshift half link in it. thanks for the input!

dave lawrence dave lawrence
4/7/2013 9:11 PM

Sand the part of the peg that touches the drop out, and CAREFULLY take a razor blade knife and etch notches VERTiCALLY (up and down for those that are stupid) on both the peg and the dropout. That will give the frame and the peg something to grip when you crank it down, so it will be harder to slip. Kinda like the notching on bars. Put some notching in a stem and your bars never move.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Four Four
4/7/2013 9:23 PM

Yeah it's annoying lol.

45 refs and counting check profile.

killawolf killawolf
4/8/2013 8:40 PM
dave lawrence wrote:

Sand the part of the peg ...more

this is a very interesting and awesome piece of advice! i will definitely try this thanks man!

Bikeguru Bikeguru
4/10/2013 9:27 AM

Hi bike guru here if you will but a spacer between the axle and the end of your frame gusset that should do the trick and what i mean by that is look at your frame thickness at the axle slot and measure the distance from the axle to the axle slot bottom out point and put a spacer at that point to take up that space it will not move any further then that point. You could purchase a round spacer at your local hardware store the length you need and cut a slot in the spacer the size of your frame thickness and slide it in there before you put on your wheel and it will never move again. Bike guru.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP