Related:
Create New Tag
Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/18/2019 11:54 AM

Shadow Conspiracy Plasmatic pegs

Im very intrigued because they claim they are the next generation of pegs. Im hoping there is some cool tech involved.
Photo

jmz313 jmz313
11/18/2019 12:44 PM

I'm pretty sure they are basically just pegs that are integrated with a bolt for female 14mm rear hubs. u tighten them with 3/8 socket drive on the end. Neat but nothing that's really like changing the game.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/18/2019 12:55 PM
jmz313 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are ...more

Thats what I was thinking too and that would be why the end has the ratchet hole because there would be no need for a nut...but how would this work for female hubs or different threaded axles? Seems like they would be really limiting their market if it was for only one threading or 14mm/ 3/8".

Also, it would have to be much more reinforced to be the sole part holding your wheel on. That would make it heavier than need be, I would think.

They might also just be doing this so it streamlines the need to carry a deep socket tool. I suppose it would make some sense but if thats all it is, I dont think it will be enough to change peoples mind about standard pegs.

Im hoping there are like bearings or bushings to reduce wear of the plastic sleeve but still retain the quietness and less damaging qualities of plastic.

adamnmexican adamnmexican
11/18/2019 12:58 PM

Yup, it looks like a peg

fack off

readybmxer readybmxer
11/18/2019 3:58 PM

I'll never buy any but I'm interested to see what it's about lol.

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/18/2019 4:38 PM

So wait, they're basically a solid peg with an axle stub sticking out that goes into the hub? I feel like that would make the whole thing easier to bend, seems like it'd be like having a male axle with a bunch of unnecessary washers on it but worse.

Also not sure what problem it aims to help or fix either... likely adds more weight, contradicting one of the points of plastic pegs, and if it IS just an axle stub sticking out of it, that means there needs to be multiple different sized ones otherwise they're limiting themselves. Really the only advantage I'd see is not needing an extension, but only if your ratchet is already a 3/8" drive or whatever it uses

Black Swamp Ghost Black Swamp Ghost
11/18/2019 5:00 PM

Putting my money on the inside being just like everyone described above, but the outside of the peg rolls on bearings.. No more wax bruddah..

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/18/2019 9:31 PM

If they ever become more than Vaporware and they are indeed more than just a peg that needs no extended socket, I will buy one or 2 and review 'em for you all.

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
11/19/2019 9:43 AM
Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Putting my money on the ...more

They already tried that..didn't catch on.

threesomemist threesomemist
11/21/2019 11:29 AM

they announced these a while ago they are pc pegs where the sleeve rolls I wanna see a ice pick stall on a quarter with them lol.

I believe in hub guard protection

Bryan91 Bryan91
11/21/2019 11:45 AM

I hope they use the Limp Bizkit - Rollin song if they do a promo...

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/21/2019 1:04 PM
threesomemist wrote:

they announced these a ...more

Cool deal! I hadnt heard that, definitely excited for em.

If you did an ice grind, would you not actually be doing a manual since it would be rolling instead of grinding? Lol

Cellmember Cellmember
11/21/2019 4:53 PM

I'd like to know the weight.

Cellmember Cellmember
11/21/2019 4:54 PM
threesomemist wrote:

they announced these a ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Cool deal! I hadnt heard ...more

You could call them icepick manuals no ? Man, trying to stall with em, sheesh. You'd have to be a very special. Though someone might and will actually be able to get it done no doubt as a challenge.

HtownGetDown HtownGetDown
11/25/2019 8:45 AM

I doubt the sleeve spins freely, I think it just utilizes a new plastic compound and the 3/8" drive to work with their multi tool.

Taking bets!

readybmxer readybmxer
11/25/2019 9:08 AM

I just thought lol, what if they screw in and out to make different lengths? XD

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/25/2019 10:32 AM
readybmxer wrote:

I just thought lol, what ...more

Interesting thought but unless you get a longer sleeve and some spacer to take up the extra gap, it would be a super leverage point and you'd also get caught on things while grinding and stalling.

But perhaps, we really wont know until the full reveal! smile

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/25/2019 10:40 AM

They could be thinking REALLY out of the box and make the core plastic with replaceable metal sleeves! That way it would be less durable, not slide as well AND still damage things! Lol

The name "Plasmatic" has to be related somehow, plasma flows through your veins. The plastic might just be super slick on hard surfaces allowing your lines to flow with less resistance?

Maybe the plastic is a self healing material! That would be cool but very unlikely...

I'm wondering if the core is going to be made from aluminum or steel? Maybe a different type of metal? Im hoping for aluminum because that peg looks heavy, by the design.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
11/25/2019 5:33 PM

What if they go on like a regular peg and then there an extra piece that screws in to prevent the sleeve from sliding off while it sits on some type of roller bearings

Edit: it could even sit on a plastic bushing of some sort

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/25/2019 6:58 PM
OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

What if they go on like a ...more

That would be cool! Then you could use it as a regular peg if it ever broke and you couldnt get parts for it for whatever reason.

p1p1092 p1p1092
11/25/2019 7:10 PM

If they're anything like Little Ones, they'll crack if you so much as look at them funny.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

Nrodgers Nrodgers
3/1/2020 8:10 AM

Bulletpup Bulletpup
3/1/2020 1:18 PM
Nrodgers wrote:

I have been up to date on these pegs because of Brant. Thank you for the video link. smile

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
3/1/2020 1:25 PM
LOL

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

readybmxer readybmxer
3/1/2020 2:14 PM

Oh, I needa watch that later!

HavokDJ HavokDJ
3/2/2020 4:24 PM

No offense but this seems kinda gimmicky to me. Plus, I'm pretty sure none of us are keen on going back to screwons...

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

Spongeworthy Spongeworthy
3/2/2020 5:13 PM
HavokDJ wrote:

No offense but this seems ...more

Yeah, I’m not going back to male axles just so I can spend money on new pegs that are trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP