Related:
Create New Tag
GCBMX69 GCBMX69
11/7/2017 12:10 PM

When I'm stuck inside for whatever reason (sick, raining, etc) or when I'm just really bored. I like to completely take my bike apart down to the bolts just to put it all back together. Something about it is just sort of fun in a way.. I mean except for getting my rear wheel on straight, that can be a chore sometimes. But other than that it kinda puts me in my happy place almost as much as riding it. Anyone else relate? Anyone else do this?

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

p1p1092 p1p1092
11/7/2017 12:35 PM

One of my favourite things to pass time doing is building/truing wheels. Other than that, I leave everything else for the monthly full rebuild.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
11/7/2017 12:37 PM

When I was a kid, we would do this every weekend (long before sealed everything was a normal thing) & we'd regrease our headsets, BB's, Wheel bearings, etc...; We didn't wait until it was raining, we would hang out all night listening to music, eating junk food & rebuilding our bikes.

11/7/2017 12:38 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

One of my favourite things ...more

Where abouts are you in Ireland? I was just there a few months ago.

p1p1092 p1p1092
11/7/2017 1:27 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Where abouts are you in ...more

A few miles west of Galway City, on the edge of Connemara. Where were you? I hope you got some of the rare good weather and enjoyed yourself smile

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

Bulletpup Bulletpup
11/7/2017 1:35 PM

I clean and regrease parts if i have ridden in the rain, snow or dirt or if I change something that requires me to take apart certain things. I do enjoy the simplicity of these bikes. Kind of like ar's.

eskimojay eskimojay
11/7/2017 2:05 PM

Been riding for 20 years , I fucken hate working on bikes , done it enough if I work on something I want it to be something I can learn something on like a classic car

11/7/2017 2:19 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

A few miles west of Galway ...more

We were all over the country.Yeah, the whole two weeks was absolutely beautiful weather-wise.hard the best time. The area you are from has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth

p1p1092 p1p1092
11/7/2017 4:04 PM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

We were all over the ...more

That's good to hear, good weather is a rare thing in Ireland, more so in my area than anywhere else but when it's good, it's really good.

I guess it is beautiful but I've grown up around it so I never really take much notice of it until someone points it out or on a really nice day when you can see County Clare and the Aran islands across the bay. Days like those, though rare, are enough to leave even us locals in awe.

If you're ever back here, let me know smile

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

sXeBMXer sXeBMXer
11/7/2017 8:17 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

That's good to hear, good ...more

headed there next year for my honeymoon!! Can't wait. Ireland,Sweden and Iceland are the only places out of the US that I want to go

any tips for places to see? places to avoid? e mail me: sxetnrdrmr@gmail.com

we will probably be renting a car so mobility won't be an issue

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

p1p1092 p1p1092
11/8/2017 7:14 PM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

That's good to hear, good ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

headed there next year for ...more

I'll drop you an email tomorrow if I have time, work is pretty hectic lately.

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

GCBMX69 GCBMX69
11/8/2017 10:51 PM

This thread really veered away laughing laughing

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP