Related:
Create New Tag
sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/22/2013 8:44 PM

I've got the shits of my BSD front hub, my month & a half, nearly brand new one, not spinning.

If I crank the bolts down even just slightly past hand tight, it hardly spins at all. It wouldn't be such a big issue but I love manuals and when my front wheel slows or stops, it's a lottt harder to balance the manual.

So, I'm just buying a new one. I was looking at either the Antigram or Quartet but each site I've been on said different specs for what size center axle it is. I'm trying to find one with a 15mm center axle (or at least 15mm where the hardware/hub guard goes) that way I can keep my Daily Grind guards (which are fuckin awesome btw)

So.. do either of these have a 15mm center axle? I'm gonna ask Odyssey just to be 100% clear too but probably won't get a reply back till Monday, so I'm asking you guys

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
11/22/2013 9:40 PM

Antigram is 17mm, i cant find a quartet front.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/22/2013 9:54 PM
Brokenbmx wrote:

Antigram is 17mm, i cant ...more

Damn, I guess it might be possible to drill the guards out to 17mm, really don't wanna have to get rid of them too seeing as how they're newer than the hub is..

Quartet I saw was either 14 or 15mm, I'd almost rather have that anyway since it uses a chromoly center axle

Also thought about getting a Cult Match front hub as well & buying 2 s&m guards for it but idk

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
11/22/2013 10:16 PM

The Cult is apparently really good. Get 2 symbal guards and that will be sex.

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
11/22/2013 10:18 PM

quartet is 14mm homie. thats what i found.
are the bearings just wrecked in the bsd?

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
11/22/2013 10:19 PM

That sucks about the bsd theyre hubs are usually really good i loved them when i had mine

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/22/2013 11:40 PM
Brokenbmx wrote:

quartet is 14mm homie. ...more

Bearings spin & feel perfect when installed and uninstalled from the hub. I could take it off my bike right now & they'd feel brand new if you were to hold the axle system & spin the shell. It's virtually brand new, I emailed BSD & they said it has to be cause of the hub guards.. thing is, it still doesn't spin very well even with the stock cone spacers. The owner of the shop I work at thinks the shell might have been machined wrong but idk.

and FUCK! I guess my options are either drill the DG guards to 17 (or even shave the ends of the center axle of the Quartet hub down, but that'd be a last resort option) or go with the Cult & get 2 s&m guards

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/22/2013 11:42 PM
handlebar-to-face wrote:

That sucks about the bsd ...more

I know, I know people who have the same hub, had it for years & theirs spin forever even with a simple tap. Gonna have the owner of the shop look at it (he's also a machinist) and see if he can confirm something's been machined wrong in the hub, doubt it but maybe. If so, I'll email BSD & see if they can even do anything.

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/22/2013 11:43 PM
Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

The Cult is apparently ...more

My friend has it and it spins like a dream, like the look too. It'd also be pure sex on my bike cause I have the Cult in the rear with an S&M guard, so my hub setup would be Cult hubs with S&M guards! Really wanna save that for a next to last option since that means dropping even more cash

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
11/23/2013 6:04 AM

Primo N4FL v2 with the DG guards smile now that's sex

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Brokenbmx Brokenbmx
11/23/2013 9:45 AM

just get the cult with S&M Guards!

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/23/2013 11:16 AM
Brokenbmx wrote:

just get the cult with ...more

I wanna wait & see what BSD says before I drop $39 a piece on guards, owner of the shop said he could definitely turn down the ends of the center axle of an antigram to fit my hub guards. Don't think there's enough room to just drill the guards though & I want the chromoly ones, so I might go with that option.

anyone have an Antigram front? How is it? Spin well when cranked down?

eskimojay eskimojay
11/23/2013 11:20 AM

Go demolition

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
11/23/2013 1:39 PM
eskimojay wrote:

Go demolition

I do like the ghost hub, I'll for sure consider it if I don't go the antigram route. I'd almost rather have the ghost hub or match hub anyway since they have threaded hardware & I can adjust how tight they are anyway.. not into having to dish out nearly $80 for hub guards though in the front, the chromoly guards make every grind feel like butter so I definitely wanna stick with them and I know my Daily Grind guards won't fit them

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP