Related:
Create New Tag
Tarik_Hadzalic Tarik_Hadzalic
3/2/2020 8:21 AM

How long did it take You to do 180s consistantly?

_bmxican_ _bmxican_
3/2/2020 8:33 PM
Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

How long did it take You ...more

21 days. What really helped me is watching videos and watching closely how they moved their bodies on 180s. It’s all practice. Just make sure your spokes are tighten and don’t baby your bike. It’s a bmx don’t be afraid to turn your back wheel into a fucking taco

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
3/3/2020 5:43 AM

Keep in mind, a 180 is less about "twisting" Than it is about the hop and spin. The more vertical the bike, the faster the spin will be. Think of how a figure skater spins. They don't throw their arms out wide to spin fast. They bring them in, close to the body, when they want to spin fast and their arm are out wide when they spin slow. Now, getting back to the twist vs. spin let your bike sit on the rear tire with the front end a few inches off the ground. Now, try to kick the back end (with the tire still on the ground) around. Now, keeping the rear tire on the ground, pick up the front end so that the bike is nearly vertical. Now spin the bike on the rear tire. THAT is the difference between what beginners try to do with a 180 (which is why wheels get taco'd) & what people who are proficient at 180's do. Hope that helps.

jabrinkabmx jabrinkabmx
3/6/2020 9:34 AM
Tarik_Hadzalic wrote:

How long did it take You ...more

3-4 months. Some tricks are just hard to learn for certain people. I learned bars and 3's before 180s

rainescustoms99 rainescustoms99
3/23/2020 2:05 PM

Was easier for me to learn 180’s on a bank or 1/4 pipe. I still don’t have the flat 1’s every single time. Look where you want to go and commit.

bmxmanboy bmxmanboy
3/23/2020 7:25 PM

About 1-2 months of doin a couple of them on my drive way for a few minutes a day and now i have no problem doing them

I like riding my bike.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
3/23/2020 8:03 PM

Months. I still can mess up very occasionally. Didnt help that I had to get over a mental block from rupturing ligaments in my right foot after a failed 180...lol

Fortyseven Fortyseven
3/24/2020 9:29 AM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

Keep in mind, a 180 is ...more

oooooo, that explanation might help me. Thanks for taking the time to write that out.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP