C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/4/2012 2:30 PM
Be the first to comment on my ridiculous seat height or how much Eastern sucks!

http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/chuckt808,100260/setup,81882
C50_s780_street_bmx_faces andyferly Quote
12/4/2012 3:46 PM
I don't like your valve cap.
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/4/2012 3:52 PM

andyferly wrote: I don't like your valve ...more

andyferly wrote: I don't like your valve cap.

Yeah they really cheap out on those when you buy a complete. I've got bullet valve caps on order.

But seriously, I think my next stop is chrome Profile cranks and a Tree lite spline drive sprocket. What say you?
C50_54jnirtd_1384996611 Roqfan Quote
12/4/2012 4:01 PM
Who the fuck can hate the venus wheels
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/4/2012 4:09 PM

Roqfan wrote: Who the fuck can hate the ...more

Roqfan wrote: Who the fuck can hate the venus wheels

Apparently those dudes who posted in my last thread when I asked about tightening a FA rear. I think they are unbelievably amazing for the sale price at Vein. ($170 for both wheels.)
12/5/2012 1:59 AM

andyferly wrote: I don't like your valve ...more

andyferly wrote: I don't like your valve cap.

chuckt808 wrote: Yeah they really cheap out ...more

chuckt808 wrote: Yeah they really cheap out on those when you buy a complete. I've got bullet valve caps on order.

But seriously, I think my next stop is chrome Profile cranks and a Tree lite spline drive sprocket. What say you?

Dude i was kidding.
But yeah go for the Tree sprocket, strong af
As for the profiles, your call, they're good but not my favorite
Get yourself some Subrosa Bitchins in chrome, sooooo sexy
But yeah i like your bike
C50_imag0167 ac~handley Quote
12/5/2012 5:39 AM
I like it man, I'm not a big fan of the seat or grips (being white) but it looks good. Oh and the tree sprocket is awesome, but I wouldn't get profile cranks. Bitchins or stolen teams is where its at.
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/5/2012 10:05 AM

andyferly wrote: Dude i was kidding.
...more

andyferly wrote: Dude i was kidding.
But yeah go for the Tree sprocket, strong af
As for the profiles, your call, they're good but not my favorite
Get yourself some Subrosa Bitchins in chrome, sooooo sexy
But yeah i like your bike

I knew you were kidding. I was too. I'm not really getting bullet valve caps. What makes the Subrosa cranks better than the Profiles? I like the Profiles because you can get them without drive bosses if you are running spline drive and also because everyone says they last forever but I'm open to suggestions.
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/5/2012 10:07 AM

ac~handley wrote: I like it man, I'm not a ...more

ac~handley wrote: I like it man, I'm not a big fan of the seat or grips (being white) but it looks good. Oh and the tree sprocket is awesome, but I wouldn't get profile cranks. Bitchins or stolen teams is where its at.

Yeah, I'm sure people either love or hate the white bits but I like them. Was even think of white cranks and/or sprocket. What's the reasoning against Profiles? I've only read good things about them. Thanks for otherwise liking it though.
C50 savcheer98 Quote
12/5/2012 10:11 AM
cool bike not a fan of ur wheel sets
C50_screen_shot_2012_09_24_at_10.46.00_pm Skooter Quote
12/5/2012 10:28 AM
I didn't hurry.

You realize that people ride high seats again these days right?

Also, those wheels are bomb, and I love Eastern... Rode a Boss for 3 years before I had to lay it's final living parts, the frame, bars, and stem to rest a few months ago.
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/5/2012 10:57 AM

Skooter wrote: I didn't hurry.

...more

Also, those wheels are bomb, and I love Eastern... Rode a Boss for 3 years before I had to lay it's final living parts, the frame, bars, and stem to rest a few months ago.

I know, I was just being a dick because I know someone is going to give me shit for one or the other. I have my seat as high as I do because I'm old and sometimes I just have to sit down and ride while I'm riding to a spot.

And I agree, despite what people here would have you believe, Eastern seems to put out some good shit. The Venus wheels really are nice. I was even possibly thinking about their Nomad cranks.

BTW, your new bike is sweet as fuck.
C50_screen_shot_2012_09_24_at_10.46.00_pm Skooter Quote
12/5/2012 11:03 AM

...more

chuckt808 wrote: I know, I was just being a ...more

chuckt808 wrote: I know, I was just being a dick because I know someone is going to give me shit for one or the other. I have my seat as high as I do because I'm old and sometimes I just have to sit down and ride while I'm riding to a spot.

And I agree, despite what people here would have you believe, Eastern seems to put out some good shit. The Venus wheels really are nice. I was even possibly thinking about their Nomad cranks.

BTW, your new bike is sweet as fuck.

If you get the nomads, I promise you that you won't be disappointed. I rode them 2 years on my boss, before selling them to my friend because I got a great deal on Twombolts. I actually regret that decision. I would've rather had the nomads.

Eastern got its hate years ago because of their original series of Grim Reaper frames, which were notorious for snapping at the headtube. Since then, they've put nothing but quality parts out, but they still have prices that rival the competitors, which is my favorite part about them.

Thank you very much for the compliment though! I love my new bike so much, but still miss that feel of the old boss. It's a shame parts have to break... But that's what happens when you ride them so long and beat on them unfortunately...
C50 savcheer98 Quote
12/5/2012 11:12 AM
wich would be better to learn on a eastern or cult cco2
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/5/2012 11:29 AM

savcheer98 wrote: wich would be better to ...more

savcheer98 wrote: wich would be better to learn on a eastern or cult cco2

I think that the brand is less important than other things like making sure you get the right size bike, especially when you are starting out. How tall are you? I'll assume a 21" TT is appropriate. I also suggest making sure whatever you get has at least a full chromoly main triangle (if not 100% chromoly) frame. I also suggest making sure at least the back wheel has a double-walled rim. My pick for a starter bike for someone would be a Kink Whip for that reason. 100% chromoly frame and fork and rear double wall rim for $410. I was going to buy a Whip but got a good deal on the nicer Transition. Eastern has some nice completes as well.

The CCO2 looks pretty nice as well (I've never really looked at the Cult completes until now) and it looks like Danscomp has a 2012 CC02 on sale for $390. That seems like a good deal. If I were you, I would be tempted to get that. (Otherwise, I think it's overpriced at $480. You'd basically be buying the name Cult.)

https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102136/2012_Cult_CC02_Bike.html

The equivalent Eastern I think would be the Shovelhead and Vein has it for $440:

http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-extreme-bikes/Eastern-Bikes_2/2013-Eastern-Shovelhead
C50 savcheer98 Quote
12/5/2012 11:36 AM

savcheer98 wrote: wich would be better to ...more

savcheer98 wrote: wich would be better to learn on a eastern or cult cco2

chuckt808 wrote: I think that the brand is ...more

chuckt808 wrote: I think that the brand is less important than other things like making sure you get the right size bike, especially when you are starting out. How tall are you? I'll assume a 21" TT is appropriate. I also suggest making sure whatever you get has at least a full chromoly main triangle (if not 100% chromoly) frame. I also suggest making sure at least the back wheel has a double-walled rim. My pick for a starter bike for someone would be a Kink Whip for that reason. 100% chromoly frame and fork and rear double wall rim for $410. I was going to buy a Whip but got a good deal on the nicer Transition. Eastern has some nice completes as well.

The CCO2 looks pretty nice as well (I've never really looked at the Cult completes until now) and it looks like Danscomp has a 2012 CC02 on sale for $390. That seems like a good deal. If I were you, I would be tempted to get that. (Otherwise, I think it's overpriced at $480. You'd basically be buying the name Cult.)

https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102136/2012_Cult_CC02_Bike.html

The equivalent Eastern I think would be the Shovelhead and Vein has it for $440:

http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-extreme-bikes/Eastern-Bikes_2/2013-Eastern-Shovelhead

iam bout 5'3 and ok i will check it out
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/5/2012 11:41 AM

savcheer98 wrote: iam bout 5'3 and ok i will ...more

savcheer98 wrote: iam bout 5'3 and ok i will check it out

A 21" TT might be a little big for you. I'd seriously consider the Kink Whip. It's got a little smaller dimensions, 20.5" TT, 8" bars, etc.
C50 savcheer98 Quote
12/5/2012 11:50 AM

chuckt808 wrote: A 21" TT might be a little ...more

chuckt808 wrote: A 21" TT might be a little big for you. I'd seriously consider the Kink Whip. It's got a little smaller dimensions, 20.5" TT, 8" bars, etc.

ok i will see
12/5/2012 4:28 PM

chuckt808 wrote: I knew you were kidding. I ...more

chuckt808 wrote: I knew you were kidding. I was too. I'm not really getting bullet valve caps. What makes the Subrosa cranks better than the Profiles? I like the Profiles because you can get them without drive bosses if you are running spline drive and also because everyone says they last forever but I'm open to suggestions.

I ride Bitchin's and they feel really strong
i heard a lot about Profiles flexing after some time, but never heard anything bad about Subrosas
Also consider Eclat cranks, both Onyx or Tibias will do
The only bad thing about 2.5 piece cranks is that you can't always ride spline drive sprockets on the side you need em, for obvious reasons

For sprockets go with Tree, they really are some beast sprockets
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/10/2012 9:01 PM
Well, ended up going with black Madera Protocol HTs (essentially Profiles) and a Kink Bedlam sprocket in white. I'll update after I get them on my bike. I really like the Éclats, especially the Tibias, but didn't feel like changing over to a 22mm BB, especially with a Spanish BB.
C50_image_1378092142 Chuck8273 Quote
12/10/2012 11:05 PM
I bought my wife an Eastern frame, and I like their warranty. I'd ride one, just not the reaper, because my atomic mass is higher than most peoples, lol. I like your bike, but your name sucks.
C50_2 biobruce Quote
12/11/2012 1:39 AM
chrome bitchin all the way brother!!
C50 chuckt808 Quote
12/11/2012 9:04 AM

Chuck8273 wrote: I bought my wife an ...more

Chuck8273 wrote: I bought my wife an Eastern frame, and I like their warranty. I'd ride one, just not the reaper, because my atomic mass is higher than most peoples, lol. I like your bike, but your name sucks.

Hey, us Chucks gotta stick together man! You're ride is sweeeet. The Wipperman chain is crazy looking. I think R32s will be the next stop on my bike, probably around this time next year.
C50_image_1378092142 Chuck8273 Quote
12/11/2012 10:35 PM

chuckt808 wrote: Hey, us Chucks gotta stick ...more

chuckt808 wrote: Hey, us Chucks gotta stick together man! You're ride is sweeeet. The Wipperman chain is crazy looking. I think R32s will be the next stop on my bike, probably around this time next year.

Yup! And thanks brother! I love the R32's. Had Pitchforks on there before these, and the R32's feel more solid. They are a great choice.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry